Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This "Tweet" Made My Day

LAZULI BUNTING*

'Twas around 6:30 PM, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. FALSE! WOW! Check out this bird! This is the best image I could find that didn't have all rights reserved.

My mom and I were eating dinner when I looked up, and voila! This beautiful, blue, STRIKING bird was sitting on our grapevines out back. This is a great picture, but it does not do the moment justice.

Picture the scene:
Mom had just come home from work, beat. I was on the couch just coming home from, well, being home, and I was beat, too. She cooked us a quick, substantial meal and we were eating before she was off to my nephew's baseball game. Beat, tired, and exhausted, we lifted the food to our mouths. It was just kind of a blah evening. And then sha-bam! Into my view comes the little bird, his blue coloring absolutely vibrant in the evening sun. It was the most striking he's probably ever been. My, the way he glowed! 'Twas an absolute joy to behold. I hurried to get the binoculars and bird book for my mom so she could see it better and identify it. We'd never seen one like that, especially not in our yard. We get robins, magpies, finches, sparrows--you know, the Utah usuals. But a LAZULI? No way! Yes way. There it was. Such a little thing, but it lifted us both and gave us just the extra bit of cheer we needed. Thanks, Lazuli. And thanks, Heavenly Father.

Beautiful.


* Don't have source for this picture
Others:
http://www.camacdonald.com/birding/DesJardin/LazuliBunting.htm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ganesh_j/3790586670/
http://www.ownbyphotography.com/traveldiaryp69.html
http://pixdaus.com/?sort=tag&tag=lazuli%20bunting


3 comments:

  1. i would have to agree that the color is absolutely beautiful and striking! aren't we glad that simple creations can sometimes boost us up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome! Nothing like a little tender mercy from God to lift up the soul!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan, you never cease to amaze and inspire me. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I decided to check out your blog to make sure you were ok since I can't get you off your mind. This story touched my heart. I miss you and love you!

    Juli (Housholder) Riggs

    ReplyDelete